Thursday, December 8, 2016

WW2 Chapter 24 - A Letter to His Father (July 1944)


Envelope to Franklin's Father, July 9, 1944
7/9/44
Dear Dad,
     ~~~
     As you know, we won't be here much longer -- and what we hit will be "big". Won't hesitate to admit that I'm damned scared.

     The mosquitoes have formed a new attack -- a 3:2 formation; -- two of them hold up a corner of the mosquito net, while the other three carry out their mission.
     ~~~
     Hope by now you have received my "missing" letter.
     ~~~
     Which is winning -- your corn, -- or the sun flowers?

Much love, Franklin 

1 comment:

  1. I have so many letters that my Father (Franklin E. Bristol) wrote to his father(Howard H. Bristol) at the Bristol Co., during the war. This envelope brings back memories of my reading so many of those letters left to me by my parents.

    ReplyDelete