Friday, December 16, 2016

WW2 Chapter 16 - Letter to His Brother

Dave with one of Franklin's Rhode Island
Reds - "the one not wearing a hat"

2/14/44

Dear Dave,
     You certainly have been drawing me some wonderful pictures -- and thank you for all your letters.

     Is your overseas hat worn out yet? I'm so glad that you like it -- Dad has sent me several pictures of you -- also featuring the hat.

     In that picture you sent me -- don't you seem to be reading a poultry magazine? -- and what's that on your head. Your new table looks good -- hope it comes in handy.

     Where were you at Saturday afternoon -- fine thing; it would have been nice to talk to you for a minute [on the phone].
     Mother has been telling me that you have been doing an excellent job in caring for the chickens. I think you have a couple that aren't too good -- try and pick them out -- remember what I told you to look for.

     Think I may be coming home soon for a short while. Be thinking about some of the things we can do, Dave.

     I have a couple of buttons you might like to wear -- they're exactly like mine -- I have them on the lapels of my coat -- they look something like this ---


     It seems to be raining now -- and I'm at the Service Club -- with no coat ---

Love, Franklin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment