Monday, October 17, 2016

WW2 Chapter 76 - A Letter from Nancy (May 17, 1945)


Nancy in 1945 (from a color slide)
5/17/45

Dear Dad,

     Just a line, but I wanted you to be the first to know that I have been elected president of camera club for next year. This year's president just came in to tell me the final results from the election. I'm quite thrilled about it and hope I will do a good job. You will have to give me lots of pointers on taking pictures and developing them this summer so that I will be worthy of the office I will hold next year.
~~~~
     After dinner I went down to look for my mail and I had a long newsy letter from Franklin. That just topped this wonderful day. It couldn't have ended better. You no doubt have heard from him also. My letter from him was written on May eighth from the Philippines. He told of his trip over on the boat and about his living conditions now. He apparently isn't in any action. I'm so glad that he isn't in Okinawa. He mentioned that a mother hen and her four chicks just walked through his tent while he wrote to me.


Nancy's Letter of May 17

     I want to write to Franklin before I go to bed. Will be seeing you in eighteen more days.

Lots of love,

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment