Sunday, October 23, 2016

WW2 Chapter 70 - A Letter to Dave (and Dismissal from the Hospital)


Letter of March 30
3/30/45

Dear Snodgrass,

    Two nights ago, I went to a movie that you wrote to me about in one of your letters -- "Meet Me in St. Lewis". It was certainly a good show, wasn't it?


Movie Poster

    In the last letters I received, your bantam pullet had laid about four days straight -- and the old hens were doing quite well. That's wonderful.

    Have been dismissed from the hospital -- finally -- after more than two months. Am now waiting on transportation back to my outfit.

    The day after arriving here at the casualty camp, I was on a detail unloading and stacking oil drums -- remember a similar experience back in Honolulu.

    A package was sent to you a few days ago -- by air mail. It's a pocketbook (there's a "secret pocket" on the inside) which I made at the Red Cross craft shop. Mary is a very pretty Red Cross girl I met, and had some dates with. She's in charge of this craft shop. I told her about you -- and she suggested the pocketbook. If you don't understand all this, you will after you receive the package.

    Goodnight, Snodgrass ---

Much love,

Watty

No comments:

Post a Comment