Thursday, August 22, 2013

Howard H. Bristol's Boucher boat model built about 1900


In 1904, Franklin B. Bristol (1860-1904) was killed on the railroad track at the Bristol Company while crossing on a Sunday morning to get a newspaper.  Upon his death William Henry Bristol was appointed guardian of his four children:Samuel R. Bristol(1885-1956), Howard H. Bristol(1888-1951), Carlton W. Bristol(1891-1977), Franklin B. Bristol(1901-      ).

 My Father told me many years ago that WHB made sure all boys had model boat kits and model airplane kits.  This one has been passed down to me from my Grandfather(HHBSr.) and my Father(FEB).  Isn't it beautiful?

There are many interesting things that I am able to remember and post here thanks to Bob setting up this blog.  Hopefully these interesting facts will be of interest to our family.

The letters Bob has found from WHB are truly amazing!

2 comments:

  1. The boat is beautiful and must have been very well cared for during the past 100+ years. Does it have a working steam engine? FBB's dates were 1901-1997.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The steam engine is a working engine. My Father ran it on Skaneateles lake and there was a big write up on the event in the village. I believe he said that it ran on alcohol. I know that it is solid brass and when I looked it up on the internet, there seemed to be alot of interest not only in the boat but especially the engine!

    Thank you for FBB's dates, Bob. I was missing that info in my files.

    ReplyDelete